ABOUT THE ASSOCIATION OF TRANSLATION COMPANIES
Thank you for considering joining the Association of Translation Companies. The benefits of membership, the criteria and subscription rates are set out in the attached About the Association of Translation Companies, which can be downloaded by clicking HERE.
PLEASE READ THESE GUIDANCE NOTES BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION TO JOIN THE ATC
The Association of Translation Companies is the world’s longest established professional body looking after the interests of translation companies. The reputation of the Association is extremely important to us therefore we have strict criteria for membership to ensure that only reputable translation companies are admitted. Companies admitted into the Association are expected to adhere to our Code of Professional Conduct, which is enforced by our Ethics Committee in cases of breaches and adhere to English and European law. Please read these notes carefully before submitting your application. In addition to the completed application we will require a number of supporting documents, which are listed below.
Please note that omission of any one of these supporting documents will result in your application being automatically rejected. All documents must be in English.
1. Complete the online application form below and submit it.
2. You need to contact your own business and freelance references in advance and ask that they post to you their comments on their own headed paper. They must not be dated more than 2 months before the date of your application.
4. The ATC may then contact those referees to validate them.
5. The membership committee will also wish to see a set of full accounts for your last three trading years verifying your company’s turnover. These should also be scanned and emailed to the Association. If your company cannot yet show three years’ accounts, then your application will be deemed to be for Associate membership (full set of accounts covering at least 18 months of trading). Associate membership is given on a time-limited basis and companies are expected to move into full membership once they meet all criteria.
6. We will require a written and signed declaration (on your company letter headed paper) that no directors of the company have or have had any County Court Orders against them.
7. The Membership Committee will wish to see your company’s Terms and Conditions.
8. Quality control statement outlining process. In essence this should be a document intended for clients expanded to give the committee more detail
9. The Membership Committee also requires evidence of your Professional Indemnity Insurance cover*. A scan of your certificate should be sent with your application. Please note that if you cannot produce evidence of such cover your application will not be submitted to the Membership Committee and will be automatically rejected. Your Professional Indemnity Insurance cover should be for a minimum of £100,000.
Checklist of Documents:
- Scans of your two business references on their letterhead
- Scans of your two freelance translators references on their letterhead
- Scans of full accounts for the last three trading years
- County Court Order signed declaration We will require a written and signed declaration (on your company letter headed paper) that no directors of the company have or have had any County Court Orders against them.
- Scan or electronic copy of your Terms and Conditions
- Quality control statement outlining process. In essence this should be a document intended for clients expanded to give the committee more detail
- Scan of your company’s Professional Indemnity Insurance certificate
Please fill out the Application form in this link.