He has supported the growth of other professional bodies in the global language sector in countries such as Hungary and the USA. He was one of the original signatories of the declaration, which established the European Union of Associations of Translation Companies.
His company, GBCPR, has advised and worked with numerous professional bodies and associations over the years, including:
- Association of Healthcare Professionals
- Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Products Association
- Builders Merchants Federation
- British Association for the Study of the Liver
- British Viral Hepatitis Group
- European Association for the Study of the Liver
- European Union of Associations of Translation Companies
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Primary Immunodeficiency Association
- National Institute of Health & Clinical Excellence
- Health & Social Care Information Centre
He was an elected member of Brighton & Hove City Council and chaired of the Economic Development & Culture Committee, as well as being a member of the Adult Health & Social Care Committee and the Health & Wellbeing Board between 2011 and 2015. He was Deputy Mayor-elect when he left politics in 2015.