The ATC influences the advancement of language service companies and the language services industry through its research, initiatives and activities, in collaboration with its stakeholders.
- develops and collates resources, training, content and best practices;
- builds relationships with other language industry organisations;
- supports and initiates research relevant for the language services industry, actively engaging with the academic community;
- follows and analyses political and commercial developments affecting the language services industry;
- lobbies the government and other relevant authorities around policies and schemes affecting language service companies;
- works towards sustainable development within the procurement and provision of language services in the UK’s public sector;
- informs and advises members of significant developments within the language services industry and wider economy;
- supports education, activities and training for the professions of translator and interpreter in the UK; and
- actively participates in the development of ISO standards for the language industry.