Skip to content

Ukrainian-English Translation Templates for Official Documents

The UK’s Ukraine Language Support Task Force has produced model document translations from Ukrainian into English for key Ukrainian official documents:

  • Birth Certificate (in two versions: late Soviet-era and more recent)
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce Certificate

The Ukrainian model has the language code UK in the file name, and the English model the language code EN.

Both the UK and EN models have blank spaces _____ for personal details.

The models can be downloaded and used free of charge from

About the template translations

The template translations have been produced based on typical examples of Ukrainian documents, created for the Task Force by Paul Norman, professional translator and member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting and the Chartered Institute of Linguists, and checked by Elena Edwards, professional translator and interpreter and member of the International Association of Conference Interpreters and the Institute of Translation and Interpreting.

The templates have been made available through Task Force partner Charity Translators, and may be downloaded and used free of charge. Further templates will be added in due course, for the most commonly needed document types.

Rules and regulations for producing certified translations are different in each country, and local conventions should be followed in producing translations of official documents for the authorities.

About certified translations in the UK

In normal circumstances, visa applications and other official purposes require a certified translation of the original document.

A certified translation includes a photocopy of the original document, a translation of the original document, and a certificate stating that the translation is a true and accurate representation of the original document. The certificate is signed by the professionally qualified translator or a representative of a translation company, and it may carry the stamp of a professional trade association.

In the UK, there is no system of state-authorised or sworn translators, or legislation for certifying translations. Different UK authorities may have different requirements on how a certified translation is submitted.

General instructions from the UK Government for certifying an original document (if needed), and certifying a translation of a document, can be found at

If you need a certified translation produced by a professional, you can find a translator or a translation company via the below links:

Language support and how you can help

The UK’s Ukraine Language Support Task Force consists of Charity Translators, the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL), the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI), the National Register for Public Service Interpreters (NRPSI), the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC UK & Ireland), and the Association of Translation Companies (ATC).

Charity Translators, a grass-roots volunteer organisation working with the charity sector, maintains a master list of language support links and organisations providing language support:

Back To Top