The ATC exists for the benefit of its members.
The Association provides specific information to translation buyers about members’ specialities; speaks with authority to Government on matters concerning the translation profession; provides information and assistance to business, industry and members of the public who wish to use the services of a translation company.
- Promote the interests and use of ATC member companies
- Promote and further the interests of the translating profession generally
- Promote, publish and enforce a Code of Professional Conduct for its members
- Arbitrate in matters concerning members and clients
- Establish, maintain and promote the adoption of rigorous quality systems by its members
- Ensure that the interests of those purchasing translations are protected by ensuring that its members carry full professional indemnity insurance
- Promote co-operation among members and others within the translation profession
- Publish information about the translation profession and matters of interest to translation purchasers
- Promote greater use of professionally-produced translations by those seeking to sell and communicate worldwide