European Union of Associations of Translation Companies is an umbrella organisation of national European associations, representing nearly 700 language service companies.
ATC member companies are Network Members of the EUATC, and the ATC’s membership logos displays both associations’ logos.
Representing National Associations
EUATC represents its member associations and the wider language services industry through a host of activities including:
· Annual European Language Industry Survey in collaboration with European Commission, FIT Europe, GALA, Elia, and European Masters In Translation
· Lobbying at European level in support of national associations
· Liaison with EU institutions incl. Directorate-General for Translation
· Participation in EU-funded projects related to translator training: Agorà, Transcert, Qualetra, LindWeb, Optimale, EMT
· Memorandum of Understanding on Traineeships with European Masters in Translation
· Language industry ISO standards development
· Webinars and training
EUATC’s annual conference, T-UPDATE, takes place in locations across Europe.
• Promote the highest standards of quality and business practice among national member associations
• Provide a strong, united voice for companies operating in the language industry when addressing governmental and non-governmental institutions in Europe
• Provide support to national associations to reinforce their work providing a European perspective
• Working with partners around the world to develop a unified approach
• Give buyers of language services information and advice about the benefits of commissioning recognised Language Service Providers
• Help solve common issues affecting the language industry across Europe
• Make a contribution towards enlarging the European market for language services
• Assist in establishing national associations of translation and language services companies throughout Europe
• Help to improve the training of the next generation of European linguists
• Promote co-operation with freelance community
• Form links with related associations around the world
Stay informed of EUATC activities and sign up for the monthly newsletter at https://euatc.org/.